Are you dealing with a Dental Emergency? Here’s what you can do about it.
Dental emergencies can have serious repercussions on your health and should not be taken lightly. You need to be extra careful when dealing with dental emergencies like a tooth injury or toothache. Not handling a dental emergency properly could not only lead to major dental problems later on but could also increase the risk of permanent damage to your teeth. It is therefore important that you rush to an emergency dental office near you, as soon as a problem arises.
It is important to deal with a dental emergency properly so that you do not have to deal with complex and expensive treatments later. Visit Warm Family Dentistry if you are looking for an emergency dentist in Salt Lake City, UT. It is necessary to take a few measures before you visit an emergency dental office near you.
There are various tips to be followed when it comes to different tooth problems so you can minimize damage before you visit the emergency dentist. Here are a few of the tips:
- Toothache: In case you have a severe toothache, rinse your mouth with lukewarm water. The pain is usually amplified by food particles lodged in between the teeth. Make sure you get the food particles out, using dental floss to minimize pain. Try not to use painkillers to relieve the pain as it may damage your gum tissue. Use a cold compress on your cheek as it can help get rid of the swelling. Contact an emergency dental office near you immediately.
- Tooth injury: If you have an injury in the form of a chipped or broken tooth, rinse your mouth thoroughly first. This would help get rid of any broken pieces still stuck inside your mouth. Use a cold compress to help relieve pain and the swelling. Save any broken pieces of your tooth, if possible. Visit an emergency dental office near you immediately to get it examined. If your tooth is completely knocked out, make sure you rush to an emergency dentist within an hour of the tooth being knocked out.
- Objects stuck between teeth: If you have some object stuck between your teeth, try and use dental floss to get rid of it. Make sure you do not use any sharp instruments to dislodge the object. This could cause severe damage to your teeth and gums. If you are looking for an emergency dentist in Salt Lake City, UT Warm Family Dentistry could be a great option for you.
- Damage to the crown: If the crown of any of your teeth falls off, try and visit an emergency dentist right away. Use clove oil over the damaged surface to relieve pain. Try and keep the crown safe with you until you hand it over to the emergency dentist. You might want to cement the crown yourself, but it could cause more harm. Therefore, try to find an emergency dental office near you as soon as possible.
- Broken braces: If somehow the braces or wires are broken and hurting your cheeks, tongue, and gum, try and push the wire back into its original position. Do not cut the wire of the braces yourself. If you are not able to push the wire into a comfortable position, try covering it up with a cotton ball until you visit the emergency dentist.
We all have had to deal with a dental emergency at some point in our lives. However, there are some simple tips you can keep in mind in case of a dental emergency to prevent damage to your teeth and gums.
Not getting to an emergency dentist within time could cause permanent damage to your teeth and gums. Problems like a broken tooth, a lost crown, and broken braces could cause a lot of damage to your dental health if not treated properly. This is why it is important to visit a reliable emergency dentist for such issues. If you are looking for a great emergency dentist in Salt City, UT you can visit the offices of Warm family dentistry. Warm family dentistry has several experienced and qualified professionals who are trained to deal with such situations. Visit warm family dentistry in case of any kind of dental emergency in your family.